Merrell Ladies Moab 2 Mid Gtx hiking shoes

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Merrell Ladies Moab 2 Mid Gtx hiking shoes

Postby Joels » Thu 17 Jun, 2021 12:42 am

Hi,

while i am doing a bit of an upgrade on my gear...

Has anybody got the ladies Moab 2 mid gtx shoes?

or perhaps have a great pair of shoes that you could recommend?

I went and tried a ton of new shoes on today and the Moab seemed the most comfortable (my most recent pair were merrells also), however, i do wonder how good they will be on my little adveture.

I need a new pair that are going to be suitable for wet weather and comfort during a 1000km walk over a number of weeks.

Joels
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Western Australia

Re: Merrell Ladies Moab 2 Mid Gtx hiking shoes

Postby north-north-west » Thu 17 Jun, 2021 8:09 am

Wore a pair on the Larapinta some years back. They did over 400km (including all the off-track sidetrips) and apart from a bit of dirt still looked almost brand new. They've done a few thousand km more since and are still going strong. Tassie east coast scrub has done a bit of damage, but there's plenty of wear left in them.
Sure the gtx is the best option? The one drawback I found was that they did get a bit hot and sweaty.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: Merrell Ladies Moab 2 Mid Gtx hiking shoes

Postby Joels » Thu 17 Jun, 2021 9:25 am

north-north-west wrote:Wore a pair on the Larapinta some years back. They did over 400km (including all the off-track sidetrips) and apart from a bit of dirt still looked almost brand new. They've done a few thousand km more since and are still going strong. Tassie east coast scrub has done a bit of damage, but there's plenty of wear left in them.
Sure the gtx is the best option? The one drawback I found was that they did get a bit hot and sweaty.

Still undecided which is why I thought I'd put it out there, but what you've said sounds promising in terms on longevity! They did feel the most comfortable out of all the shoes that I've tried. In terms of getting too hot, I have issues with my circulation and so I don't often overheat and my feet are always the coldest...so perhaps they are a good option for me.
Joels
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Western Australia

Return to Equipment