Warmth guestimate needed

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Warmth guestimate needed

Postby Moondog55 » Mon 28 Jun, 2021 5:24 pm

I have a sleeping bag shell here that needs something done with it. I thought I might try and turn it into a winter sleeping bag liner somewhat better than a single layer of ripstop nylon.
I have one of those already.
I also have a couple of metres of nylon/polyester blend tricot, which feels good against the skin when fuzzy side in or quite slippery when smooth side in.
Would anybody care to take a WAG at how warm the combination would be as a liner?
Being windproof it could also be used as a wind-sack to replace a bivvy sack as a bare bones survival aid.
The combination would be about 4mm thick/ an eighth of an inch so my guess would be 0.5Clo and adding maybe 2 degrees to a bags warmth although extra dead iar space might boost that a good bit.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment