Tent query Hoopster Vs Hoop Dreams

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Tent query Hoopster Vs Hoop Dreams

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 19 Aug, 2022 9:19 am

I was going to use the cash from selling my winter tent to buy a BD MegaLite. Asking a friend in the USA to buy one for and post it over [ they are on sale at the moment and these tarp shelters aren't sold here] he has just emailed me and asked whether I would prefer to buy one of his single skin shelters.
He has both a Hoop Dreams and a Hoopster that he no longer needs.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/ ... r-hoopster

https://www.backpacker.com/gear-item/mo ... drreams-4/

I'll probably take the smaller tent but would anybody here want to take the larger Hoopster on alternatively I'll take the bigger and they buy the smaller>??
No idea yet on prices or postage costs but he is a good mate and won't rob me there, he'll leave that to USPS

I'd need an answer fairly soon tho, before I change my mind and use the money for chocolate or doughnuts
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Tent query Hoopster Vs Hoop Dreams

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 21 Aug, 2022 9:57 am

Well it turns out that both the tents my mate has are buggered, both have that awful Polyurethane sink and are sticky with that PU coating coming off so I just got him to order me a MegaLite on sale.
I may be giving up skiing and snow camping but I do hope I never totally give up bushwalking
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment