Black Diamond Iota Replacement Strap

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Black Diamond Iota Replacement Strap

Postby Aushiker » Sun 28 Aug, 2022 8:47 pm

My Black Diamond Iota headlamp's strap has seen better days and requires re-tensioning every time I go to use it. It does not appear that Black Diamond do a replacement strap (not surprising really) so any suggestions on maybe a generic strap? I found this one on eBay. Possibility?

Alternatively a new headlamp may be in order. Maybe a Black Diamond Sprint 225? Other suggestions?
Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Re: Black Diamond Iota Replacement Strap

Postby Warin » Sun 28 Aug, 2022 9:06 pm

Replaced my old BD with a Nu25, the rubber on the switch was giving out.

Pluses - lighter weight, much simpler control system. When first switched on starts at lowest setting .. not the highest, so it does not blind you.
Old DB had a small flashing light, green when batteries ok, orange batteries going out, red batteries flat. This was excellent particularly at night if you wanted to find it. That is about the only thing I miss from the old to the new, it did not seem to flatten the batteries over time ... must be very small power but enough to see it in the shade.
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Aushiker » Mon 29 Aug, 2022 10:56 am

Thanks for the suggestion Warin. I will take a look at them but to be honest I haven't had the best experience with a Nitecore charger so I am a bit wary of their products.

As an aside the Black Diamond Sprint 225 has what Black Diamond call 'Brightness Memory' which they claim 'allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness and revert to its most recent brightness'

Anyway will give it some more thought.
Andrew
Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed 31 Aug, 2022 6:24 pm

Warin wrote:Replaced my old BD with a Nu25, the rubber on the switch was giving out.

Pluses - lighter weight, much simpler control system. When first switched on starts at lowest setting .. not the highest, so it does not blind you. .

I have taken the plunge and gone with the Nitecore NU25. Picked one up from Ryda for $57.85.
Andrew
Aushiker

Return to Equipment