New "super ultralight" Malachowski bags

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

New "super ultralight" Malachowski bags

Postby CraigVIC » Sat 12 Nov, 2022 5:21 am

Malachowski has released a new line of bags, lighter than their ultralight bags which are already very light and pretty fantastic. They are claiming the lightest bags in the world going by the ratio of the construction to fill using a fabric called Toray Osaka at 15g/m.

Also a significant price premium on the ultralight range.

https://malachowski.pl/en/info/sleeping-bags
CraigVIC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: New "super ultralight" Malachowski bags

Postby Lamont » Sat 12 Nov, 2022 6:01 am

Nice. Interesting if they've managed to improve what's already around in nylon fabric-this stuff is advancing pretty quickly at the moment.
I'd love some of that Toray Osaka to test.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Postby headwerkn » Mon 14 Nov, 2022 9:15 am

Wow, that -1C bag is barely any heavier than my +5C 850FP quilt. Impressive.
Mind you, if I'm converting 4500 zloty correctly, that's AUD$1500, so I guess it'd wanna be!
headwerkn

Region: Tasmania

Postby skibug » Sun 01 Jan, 2023 10:43 pm

CraigVIC wrote:
"Malachowski has released a new line of bags, lighter than their ultralight bags which are already very light and pretty fantastic. They are claiming the lightest bags in the world going by the ratio of the construction to fill using a fabric called Toray Osaka at 15g/m.

Also a significant price premium on the ultralight range."

Another very good Polish company, prices less eye-watering as well. I've bought directly from the Polish site, no problems. The Poles produce the best down in the world.
https://cumulus.equipment/intl_en/sleep ... /down.html

Skibug
skibug
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment