Kathmandu Lansan

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Kathmandu Lansan

Postby kali » Sat 19 Nov, 2022 9:57 am

So in my quest to find something for hot dry summer over nighters I gave up on the oztrail and just picked up a ‘vintage’ Kathmandu Lansan Light for $100
It comes with an outer fly which I’m ditching, dac feather lite poles and needs 4 pegs to stake out comes in at 1175g
It’s lovely and roomy inside so fingers crossed I get bug free stargazing and I’m hoping the little roof it has will be enough to mitigate need for a bivy if there’s dew - will have to wait and see but I’m loath to use a sac as I sleep arctic and tropical in the same night !!!
Have read the bottom can be a bit permeable so my throw a tyvek underneath, and the bag it comes in is quite roomy so doesn’t compress as much as I’d like but hey ho
Attachments
CE3B22D8-540E-4A29-B9BD-92DC6C243BC5.jpeg
CE3B22D8-540E-4A29-B9BD-92DC6C243BC5.jpeg (155.24 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
kali
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment