Experience with Arcteryx Bora 75 pack

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Experience with Arcteryx Bora 75 pack

Postby philm » Thu 08 Dec, 2022 11:58 am

I'm looking for a 75 LTR pack and considering the Arcteryx Bora 75 pack. Does anyone have this pack and have any recommendations? Not going ultralight but at 2kgs the pack seems to fit a lot of my criteria. The other option is the Gegory Baltaro 75 but this is slightly heavier. I'll be looking to carry about 18 to 20 kg max in the pack which seems too much for a lot of ultralight packs.
philm
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Re: Experience with Arcteryx Bora 75 pack

Postby headwerkn » Thu 08 Dec, 2022 2:48 pm

I used to have the Bora AR63 - same fundamental design but a heavier, burlier build with stronger materials AFAIK (and much more expensive by the look of things... AR63 retail was AU$900! Thankfully I didn't pay that).

The Kanga pocket is awesome for tent/wet weathers storage, the harness design and foam is brilliant and overall build/material quality is what you'd expect. Very comfortable with a heavy/heavier load. Reasonably waterproof however the side access zip (which isn't a waterproof design) can let water seep in if rain/snow is blasting in on that side - learned that the hard way. Hip belt pockets are small and the mesh will abrade quickly. Oh, and Arcteryx use their own special design for clips, so if you break one, you need to get in touch with them directly for a replacement. It took me 10 months to get them to send me the right one (took a couple of attempts).

I ended up selling mine as I just prefer the lightness, comfort, DCF materials and roll top design of the HMG. And needed to fund a packraft :-p Will likely get a larger 70-85L version (HMG 4400/5400) for winter.
headwerkn
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Postby philm » Fri 09 Dec, 2022 6:59 am

Thanks for the information and useful information. appreciate it
philm
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby McGinnis » Mon 31 Jul, 2023 12:21 am

An old thread but I'm looking for a new pack at the moment and the Bora 75 is currently at the top of my list. It's surprisingly comfortable and carries a 15kg test load better than any other pack apart from the Aarn FF Pro with which it's pretty equal.

Unfortunately there are practically no detailed, long-term reviews of the pack available, so I'd be interested if anyone has used one in anger.

For those interested in a new, large volume pack, I strongly recommend at least giving the Bora 75 a chance as it has huge potential.
McGinnis
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment