Mont Krypton 4 season tent

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Mont Krypton 4 season tent

Postby gisborne612 » Mon 11 Dec, 2023 9:11 pm

Has anyone reviewed or have any feedback on the Mont Krypton 2 man 4 season tent
gisborne612
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Mont Krypton 4 season tent

Postby gaz0303 » Mon 08 Jan, 2024 12:52 pm

Probably too late to take advantage of the sale and now looks to be sold out. I bought one pre-Christmas and have only used it over 4 nights.

The shape of it takes a bit more to peg out but the extra peg mid vestibule length is a great idea to stop a wet vestibule flap dropping down on you as you exit the tent. Hard to explain but keeps vestibule shape when door is open. Vestibule also works without this additional peg, but it does create a bit more flap in the wind. Plenty of room for 2 inside. I'm over 6'2 and the tent has plenty of length to spare.

While a 4 season tent, large mesh windows and a roof vent can be unzipped to create air flow. Vents at the front and double zips on the vestibules with additional venting poles also help. Using on the New England tableland and Kosciuszko over summer hasn't presented any issues with excess condensation. First night it survived a small hail storm and second night survived a severe storm . Stable and waterproof in the heaviest rain I have ever experienced. I haven't used the groundsheet yet. My first integral pitch tent, I need to get better removing poles without them coming apart in the pole sleeve. Easy to pack away in its bag.

Don't know why Mont didn't market this tent harder. I couldn't find any reviews pre-purchase. Very happy with it, with the exception that since I bought this tent I have had rain nearly every night when using it. Looking forward to winter testing.
gaz0303
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment