Death of the Dunlop Volley

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Death of the Dunlop Volley

Postby jackhinde » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 9:59 pm

Converse are terrible on slippery surfaces, even wet level concrete or asphalt surfaces pose risk. Wouldn't go anywhere near the bush in them.
jackhinde
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Death of the Dunlop Volley

Postby telemeister » Sat 27 Nov, 2021 8:39 am

Revisiting an old topic - in case the info added (Nov 2021) might help someone.

In summary the "good volleys" are currently available as "Volley Classics". In Queensland I bought them at Spendless Shoes, but they seem to also be in other places. Easily Identifiable by having a much more robust sole. Also prIce seems to be $45-$55

The "rubbish volleys" seem to be sold as just "volleys" or "volley international". In Qld available at Big W and other chains often for around $25. Easily identifiable by having a very thin and soft sole. I've got a pair I wear on the roof, but terrible for walking. They split across the sole.

Hope this helps someone.
telemeister
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Previous

Return to Equipment