$$$ Overland Transport July/August

Discussion specifically about the Overland Track should be posted in this subforum, including side trips and the Cradle Mountain day walk area. Alternative access routes and connecting routes belong in the parent forum.
Forum rules
Overland Track App
An electronic guidebook for planning and walking the Overland Track.
Download this app for loads of information about planning, gear, food, accommodation and much more about the Overland Track.
You will also find topo maps, terrain profiles and track notes for offline use.
$10 -- Discount to $3 until December 15

$$$ Overland Transport July/August

Postby Explorer_Sam » Tue 04 Jun, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi all,

A mate and I are planning to do the OLT in the middle of winter, flying in on 27th July and out on the 6th August to be precise.

All the time in between is ours to use as we please. Hoping to do the track over 7 to 8 days - maybe some side trips, maybe we'll get snowed in for a day or two.

I would like to offer $80 and some good quality conversation to any kind soul out there who would be willing to take us from Launceston to Cradle on the 28th July, or even in the evening of the 27th (our flight arrives 4.40 PM).

Again, $80 and some good quality conversation for anyone who would be willing to take us back from Cynthia Bay to Launceston in the evening of the 4th or 5th August.

Let me know if you would be willing to help out! Thanks so much,

Sam.
My Blog- Adventure and Nature Writing- www.sambochristie.wordpress.com
Explorer_Sam
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: $$$ Overland Transport July/August

Postby Petew » Tue 04 Jun, 2019 1:22 pm

Might see you there Sam, me and a mate are going the 30th. We ended up booking a full service. Airport pick up, accommodation, transfers there and back. Cost a lot more than $80 unfortunately:(
Petew
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: $$$ Overland Transport July/August

Postby Xastorm » Tue 04 Jun, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi Pete, would you mind messaging me details of what you arranged? As I am hoping to do similar at the start of July.
Cheers :D
Xastorm
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Return to Overland Track and Cradle Mountain