Looking to Swap Dates

Discussion specifically about the Overland Track should be posted in this subforum, including side trips and the Cradle Mountain day walk area. Alternative access routes and connecting routes belong in the parent forum.
Forum rules
Overland Track App
An electronic guidebook for planning and walking the Overland Track.
Download this app for loads of information about planning, gear, food, accommodation and much more about the Overland Track.
You will also find topo maps, terrain profiles and track notes for offline use.
$10 -- Discount to $3 until December 15

Looking to Swap Dates

Postby hopefuloverlander » Mon 21 Sep, 2020 5:30 pm

Unregistered lurker here who spent some time trawling threads to put together Overland Track info. I'm grateful for all the info and opinions I've found here that helped inform my group's planning. But enough of that.

Looking for people walking the Overland Track this summer.

So between the two COVID waves, my friends and I booked 5 tickets to walk the Overland Track this summer, departing on the 10th of December. Since then, two of us had to come back to Victoria to be with our families. However, this now means we're unlikely to get back to Tasmania and finish quarantine before our start date. After considering our options, we contacted Park and Wildlife who told us that we are allowed to swap our dates with an equally sized group if both parties approve.

We are now kindly asking if anyone has a party of 5, walking the Track after the 16th of December, who would be willing to swap with us. We understand this is a huge ask, and may complicated prior bookings (transport, accommodation, etc), as it has for us. However, this is something we're more than willing to interchange. We would be really, really grateful if anyone is interested in helping us out - we've been looking forward to this for months.

We'll also be posting in other groups to try and get this out to as many people as possible (perhaps a slim chance that we'll get the exchange, but one can dream). If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks all.
hopefuloverlander
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Return to Overland Track and Cradle Mountain