Canyoning around Victoria

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Canyoning around Victoria

Postby icefest » Thu 06 Jan, 2022 9:52 pm

I've gotten into canyoning more and more over the past couple of years, and living in Vic makes that a difficult type of adventure.

Together with a friend of mine, we've decided to publish the details of the the trips we've found to allow others the experience themselves.

The final PDF has now been sent to the printers and we are expecting to get the first print run in about a months time. In the meantime we've made a page for pre-orders:
https://canyoninginvictoria.org/shop/ol ... order-only

I've attached a preview of one of the described canyons!
Last edited by icefest on Fri 07 Jan, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Canyoning around Victoria

Postby ribuck » Fri 07 Jan, 2022 3:09 am

Good on you icefest; it looks nicely presented.
ribuck
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Postby wildwanderer » Fri 07 Jan, 2022 5:53 pm

Great job mate.
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby icefest » Wed 30 Mar, 2022 3:27 pm

The books have landed!

All pre-orders have been sent out now! Grab your copy at https://canyoninginvictoria.org/
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ofuros » Wed 30 Mar, 2022 4:32 pm

8) Well done fellas, looks good.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Imhim » Mon 30 Jan, 2023 12:15 pm

@icefest
Hey all,

I just wanted to reach into this thread for some insight. I've finally freed up some time for some adventures based out of Mt Beauty and was reading up on canyons in Vic.
Excitedly found this book and now this thread but I also found this review on google and I thought you all might have some insight into this.

https://books.google.com.au/books/about ... edir_esc=y

The main eye raiser is some question marks around some bolts and rappel lengths.

Keen to get into it and sort the mud from the water.

Cheers!
Imhim
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts