WINTER LIGHT - new photo book by Grant Dixon

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

WINTER LIGHT - new photo book by Grant Dixon

Postby grantd » Mon 21 Sep, 2020 8:43 am

I’m excited to announce that pre-orders of my new self-published book are now available. You can help to publish and be amongst the first to own a copy here:

https://chuffed.org/project/winter-ligh ... rant-dixon

WINTER LIGHT is a high-quality photographic book in the Tasmanian tradition of fine art productions and of using photography to activate awareness of the environment. The book features 89 images, both grand vistas and intimate details of the often-fleeting Tasmanian winter landscape captured over several decades. The hard cover, 30cm x 23.5cm, 120 page book, printed on FSC-certified paper, will be available in November 2020.

I’d greatly appreciate your help in getting the news out there. Please share or forward to anyone you think may be interested.
Attachments
Dixon - Winter Light promo 1368px.jpg
grantd
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: WINTER LIGHT - new photo book by Grant Dixon

Postby Nungulba » Mon 02 May, 2022 5:50 pm

Anyone got a copy of this? I will offer to buy if it is in good condition. Shall we begin: $100 (plus postage)???
Nungulba
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby farefam » Tue 03 May, 2022 9:44 pm

Winter Light is a great book so I can't imagine many owners would think of relinquishing their copy. If memory serves me right I think Not Just Books in Burnie had a few copies back at the end of March. You might try ringing them or perhaps check through Grant's website whether he has any copies left. He did say it sold well.

Very much looking forward to Grant's new self published book which he said would be coming out later in 2022. It should be another one that will be very well worth pre-ordering if you want to secure it. I am happy to do so sight unseen.

Also keep an eye out for Martin Hawes new book called Unexplored in the next few months. Having seen a very early draft sneak preview, Unexplored will be something special too.

Also I noticed quite a few copies of Rob Blakers "Freycinet" at the Freycinet NP Visitors centre at a bargain price. It was published quite a few years ago but it's well worth picking up a copy of that one as well.
farefam
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby gayet » Wed 04 May, 2022 12:34 pm

Grant's website (linked in initial post) indicates there are a few still available from there....
gayet
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby Nungulba » Sat 07 May, 2022 3:20 pm

Thanks to all who responded to my request. I've tracked down a copy of Winter Light (the book) and look forwarded to receiving it in due course!
Nungulba
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Nungulba » Sat 07 May, 2022 3:26 pm

farefam wrote:Winter Light is a great book so I can't imagine many owners would think of relinquishing their copy. If memory serves me right I think Not Just Books in Burnie had a few copies back at the end of March. You might try ringing them or perhaps check through Grant's website whether he has any copies left. He did say it sold well.

Very much looking forward to Grant's new self published book which he said would be coming out later in 2022. It should be another one that will be very well worth pre-ordering if you want to secure it. I am happy to do so sight unseen.

Also keep an eye out for Martin Hawes new book called Unexplored in the next few months. Having seen a very early draft sneak preview, Unexplored will be something special too.

Also I noticed quite a few copies of Rob Blakers "Freycinet" at the Freycinet NP Visitors centre at a bargain price. It was published quite a few years ago but it's well worth picking up a copy of that one as well.

Thanks very much for the tip-off "farefam".
Nungulba
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Tasmania