Desktop version
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Scoparia flowering anywhere in the north?

Tue 29 Dec, 2020 1:03 pm

Planning a day walk tomorrow and if there is worthwhile scoparia in flower anywhere it would be a bonus.
There was a magnificent display in Pine Lake area around 6th Jan 2 years ago, but 2 weeks ago only very occasional flowers. Can anyone report on flowering progress in the last few days? Ben Lomond would be another possibility.
Thanks for any recent observations.

Re: Scoparia flowering anywhere in the north?

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 4:04 pm

It is definitely past its best on Ben Lomond. Not really worth a special trip up there just to see it.
We were up there today and I didn't see any that inspired me to take a close up shot, so sorry, no pics to prove it.

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks MrW that's disappointing but worth knowing. Looks like we might have missed out this season unless it's much later in the Pine Lake area.

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 5:45 am

There was some nice flowering when I walked up to Lake Explorer from Lake Mackenzie dam a couple of days ago, (mostly white and cream), and some reasonable blooms up on Black Bluff around the same time (the orange variant here)
BW

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 3:46 pm

I was up at The Vale of Belvoir area two weeks past.
It was good, but only an orange brown. Suspect it was waning though.

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 8:04 pm

We have just returned from doing the Mt Rufus cicuit and the valley between Rufus and Hugel which can be quite spectacular had hardly a flower. Disappointing as this is the reason we went to the area.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Post a reply