Lucas Chamberlain

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Lucas Chamberlain

Postby epiclad25 » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 5:07 pm

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know why Lucas Chamberlain hasn't posted in around 2 years? Just interested.
epiclad25
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Lucas Chamberlain

Postby Tortoise » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 5:47 pm

Do you mean his youtube channel? He posted here this morning.
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby L_Cham_67 » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 6:03 pm

Hey mate, you're right, I haven't posted anything since the middle of last year (with the exception of a private video).
There are a few reasons behind it, but the predominant one is simply that I no longer have the motivation to keep it going. I took a break from the video making over the 2020/21 summer, and found that I didn't miss the filming and editing. Not having to worry about going through all that rigmarole has been great, if I'm being honest. Other factors include the camera I used to film stopped working, I didn't renew the editing program subscription, and environmental impact related reasons.
L_Cham_67
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Tortoise » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 6:09 pm

I do miss your videos, Lucas! But I get how much extra work it is. Thanks for all the ones you made.
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby epiclad25 » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 7:08 pm

Hey Lucas,

Yeah of course it would be a lot of work to make the quality of video you do, and it probably makes the walk longer etc also. and then to do something like The Southern Range's series would be even more tedious. Having said that they are mighty entertaining, and I have been keen to see what new walks you have done, so if you ever feel like you want to make more by all means go ahead, they are most welcome!
epiclad25
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Postby Warin » Thu 06 Oct, 2022 8:23 pm

HI,
Videos are a lot of work, both on the trail and afterwards editing. I have enjoyed yours. Some alternatives?

Photos are quicker. Some are 'records' rather than 'photos'. As an example I know someone who takes a photo of each camp each night...
Write a journal .. while your on the trip .. stopping each time there is something to record.
Rather than write a journal on the trip - record an audio journal - quicker and simpler than writing...

String the photos and journal together for the amusement of family after the trip?

I like what this guy has done... 5 mins per day summary.. less work, fair info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABpQufD9os
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Tasmania