'Into the Wild': Spero Wanderer & Lewis Expedition film

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

'Into the Wild': Spero Wanderer & Lewis Expedition film

Postby headwerkn » Thu 31 Aug, 2023 12:57 pm

Just wanted to give a big thanks to John Mclaine and Matt and David Brain, for their most awesome film and presentation here in Launceston last night on their 'Snakes and Ladders' packrafting/bushwalking trip from Port Davey to Macquarie Heads earlier this year.

Suffice to say it was a packed audience at Du Cane Brewing and I doubt there was an person left unimpressed by either Matt's brilliant film making, or the sheer achievement of the trio's expedition.

image8.jpeg
image8.jpeg (106.69 KiB) Viewed 3318 times

That the Spero/Wanderer region remains outside of the TWWHA in this day and age is unacceptable; the intact Aboriginal Heritage values alone justify its greater protection. Hopefully the expedition and film will help to build support for this in the coming months and years.
headwerkn
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: 'Into the Wild': Spero Wanderer & Lewis Expedition film

Postby SamP » Thu 21 Sep, 2023 10:52 am

I wish I could have made it along to this - it sounded fabulous! If John, Matt and David plan to do a screening in Hobart, I'll definitely be there!
SamP
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks
Region: Tasmania

Return to Tasmania