Realise there is another topic immediately below this one but I didn’t want to cross over didy’s recent request for info on mountaineering multi-day routes and trail running etc.
I’m heading to Tokyo in October for work and would like to tack on an overnight or perhaps two night trip. Ideally something suiting the following plan..
- Arrive Tokyo from Australia (early morning)
- Drop bags into hotel/get trip food then leave Tokyo before lunchtime by public transport/train to trail head.
- Walk and overnight at temple or scenic campsite location.
- full day hike
- Overnight at temple or scenic campsite location. (I can bring a small tarp)
- Walk to trail end and take morning public transport to Tokyo. Arrive Tokyo by mid afternoon.
I’d also like to minimise the cost. Under A$400 including public transport/trail accommodation/food.
Priorities are scenic locations, mountains and temples would be nice.
Is this doable? Any suggestions?