Long term projects

Discussion of Bushwalking, Hiking, Trekking, Tramping, Rambling and Camping elsewhere around the world.

Long term projects

Postby normclimb » Mon 13 Dec, 2010 11:30 am

Do you have a long term project?

A walk that you've always wanted to do but never quite got round to it?

A trek that one day you've promised yourself you are going to make, but not sure when?

A mountain that you really want to climb but not sure if you ever will?

Or an expedition that you've had planned for years but not sure how to make it happen?

Why not share these projects with others, you never know they may have the same ideas?

Just a thought.
normclimb

Re: Long term projects

Postby Lindsay » Mon 13 Dec, 2010 9:27 pm

Where to start. :? Lots of things I want to do and so little time and money to do them. Close to home the Australan Alpine walking track, Hume and Hovell track, South Coast track, among many others. An utlimate overseas would be the Torres del Paine circuit in Chile, followed by Appalachian Trail in US and Southern Upland Way in Scotland.
Lindsay
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Postby sef » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 12:39 am

http://clintssoutherntraverse.blogspot.com/

Have had the idea for a while -- but did my knee (twice), shoulder (once), got a job, blah blah. Decided early this year that everything was pretty dull, and I may as well go do something that's not. I leave tomorrow.

It's also great that Australia has generously decided to take all the rain destined to fall in NZ over the next four months.
sef
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby ninjapuppet » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 1:31 am

Thats awesome mate! simply awesome and kudos to you for making it happen.

we all have choices.
ninjapuppet
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New Zealand

Postby Lizzy » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 6:10 am

sef wrote:http://clintssoutherntraverse.blogspot.com/

Have had the idea for a while -- but did my knee (twice), shoulder (once), got a job, blah blah. Decided early this year that everything was pretty dull, and I may as well go do something that's not. I leave tomorrow.

It's also great that Australia has generously decided to take all the rain destined to fall in NZ over the next four months.

WOW- good luck with that- looks amazing!
Lizzy
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby normclimb » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 6:38 am

Congratulations on making a dream come true. I hope it all goes well and that we'll all have the pleasure of reading about your adventure as it happens.

Stay safe.
normclimb

Postby normclimb » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 6:41 am

Lindsay I'm sure that you'll find the wherewithall to make these happen if you really want to. As for time running out...........that I know about only too well.

That's quite a mixed bag you've chosen there, any idea as to which one you'll do first?
normclimb

Postby Lindsay » Tue 14 Dec, 2010 7:29 am

normclimb wrote:Lindsay I'm sure that you'll find the wherewithall to make these happen if you really want to. As for time running out...........that I know about only too well.

That's quite a mixed bag you've chosen there, any idea as to which one you'll do first?

Hi Norm. Very flexi plan at the moment is to tackle some of the Hume and Hovell next Autumn, and as my wife is from Scotland we will probably go for a visit in 2012 and I plan to do the SUW then. As for the rest, who knows?

And sef, good luck with your expedition. I'll follow your blog.

cheers

Lindsay
Lindsay

Return to International