philippines hiking?

Discussion of Bushwalking, Hiking, Trekking, Tramping, Rambling and Camping elsewhere around the world.

philippines hiking?

Postby Kozzie » Sun 15 Jan, 2012 7:43 am

Ay all ill be kiteing in philippines for last 3months of the wind season but but come end of may it usually dies down considerably so id like to get a few weeks of hiking in. Obviously choclate hills but do you know of any other spots that are particularly good? Thanks for any help.
Kozzie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: philippines hiking?

Postby Kozzie » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 7:26 pm

So ive been in philippines over a week now im basicly just drinking eating and kitesurfing but the wind drops off in a month so ill need somewhere to hike about etc still noone on here any previous experience? Apart from choclate hills in bohol i dont even know where to look. Cheers all
Kozzie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: philippines hiking?

Postby Whits » Mon 28 May, 2012 10:50 pm

Heaps of good mountains/ volcanoes to climb. I assume you are/were kiting in Boracay. There is a good climb on Romblon Island nearby, Guiting Guiting (G2), from memory its about 2000m high and takes 2 - 3 days to walk up and back. The Visayas have some other good peaks but I enjoy north Luzon the most, Ifugao, Kalinga and Mountain Province have some good trails/ rice terraces. Check out www.pinoymountaineer.com it has all the info you will need.
Whits
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Western Australia

Return to International