Desktop version
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Kedumba Farm camping

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone's been down there lately, and what is the latest situation with camping? Did the toilet and tables survive summer fires? Has the river become the boundary beyond which you can't proceed? Where could you set up in the valley where you would be classified as "remote" camping, and therefore not require booking? I'm assuming Waterfall creek is flowing, and looks relatively clean and drinkable - any experience? The last few years it seems the horse numbers have decreased -probably because of management - would this also be the case?

All and any info happily accepted.

Skibug.

Re: Kedumba Farm camping

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 12:30 pm

My last visit was June 2019 so not sure how relevant or useful this is..

It's a nice spot with great views of the cliffs. Walk-in is a bit boring unless you go in and out via solitary (which I think is still closed for some bizarre reason.)

I camped in the trees and was glad I did as about midnight I awoke to a brumby galloping around the open grassland.

Lots of kangaroos and historical relics which is nice.

Waterfall creek was just a few undrinkable puddles then... however it could be a different situation now due to higher recent rainfall (the creek might be flowing)

I'm not sure what amenties survived the fires. If npws rebuild,it would be good to install one of those rooftop water tanks like they had at ruined castle and dunphys.

You could probably walk a few 100m away from the camping area and be back in the remote zone but why bother.. registration is free and it helps npws learn how many people are using the site. (With enough use they might install that sorely needed water tank)

Thu 26 Nov, 2020 10:59 pm

I was at kedumba maybe 2 months ago - went in and out via Lions Head. There was plenty of water in Waterfall creek then. I am pretty sure I saw some tables and toilets, although I didnt use either.

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks boys!

Skibug
Post a reply