Light to Light walk

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Light to Light walk

Postby Staceykate » Sun 06 Dec, 2020 7:48 am

Hi,

We are car camping at Bittangabee campground for 2 nights in mid Dec - would love to do a day hike from here. It's the second campsite on the light to light walk. Would love to hear from anyone who has done it, if it's better to walk towards the lighthouse and back, or towards Eden and back? Probably looking at max 14km return.... with a swim and lunch in the middle hopefully :p

Thanks!
Staceykate
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Light to Light walk

Postby wildwanderer » Sun 06 Dec, 2020 8:12 am

wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Staceykate » Sun 06 Dec, 2020 2:09 pm

Thank you!!! I clearly did something wrong because I typed in light to light in the search bar and came up with all threads about light gear... don't know how you managed that but I'm very appreciative!!
Staceykate
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Postby wildwanderer » Sun 06 Dec, 2020 8:32 pm

Staceykate wrote:Thank you!!! I clearly did something wrong because I typed in light to light in the search bar and came up with all threads about light gear... don't know how you managed that but I'm very appreciative!!

Welcome. Haha yeah it took me a couple of goes to filter out the lightweight gear.. we sure do talk a lot about light stuff on the forum.
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby johnf » Mon 07 Dec, 2020 1:39 pm

I think the pick would be walking north from Bittangabee. The route south is further back from the coast for a while.
I think it is 9km to Salt water creek. It's really not too far to do that return in a day and it would be the pick of the swimming spots. Hegarty bay would be ok to swim in the right conditions but it is close to Bittangabee so not much point.
There is some tiny bay half way to Green Cape on the south route but I don't think it is very swimmable. Having said that I have actually snorkelled at Pulpit Rock a couple of times, but that is bordering on highly reckless as if the seas get up (which they do quickly) the exit point is a swim to Bittangabee to get out of the water.
johnf
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to New South Wales & ACT