Perry's lookdown to Victoria Falls open and doable?

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Perry's lookdown to Victoria Falls open and doable?

Postby skibug » Thu 25 Mar, 2021 11:56 am

As far as I can tell from the NSW National Park's "Current Alerts" page, there seems to be no reason not to do:

Perry's lookdown - Acacia flat (camp) - Grose River valley - Burra Kurain (camp) - then out via Victoria Falls. Have I missed something? Has anyone done any of these sections lately? Are there any new difficulties or major changes since Christmas 2019? I understand the camping requires booking.

Any and all information/comments welcomed.

With thanks, in advance,

skibug.
skibug
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Perry's lookdown to Victoria Falls open and doable?

Postby keithj » Thu 25 Mar, 2021 12:36 pm

skibug wrote:As far as I can tell from the NSW National Park's "Current Alerts" page, there seems to be no reason not to do:

Perry's lookdown - Acacia flat (camp) - Grose River valley - Burra Kurain (camp) - then out via Victoria Falls. Have I missed something? Has anyone done any of these sections lately? Are there any new difficulties or major changes since Christmas 2019? I understand the camping requires booking.

Any and all information/comments welcomed.

The gates are currently locked at Hat Hill car park (due to recent rains) - however walkers & cyclists are permitted. I'd expect it to be opened to vehicles within days.
Victoria Falls Rd was closed until y'day - also due to rain.
Grose River is still high see http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60233/IDN6 ... .plt.shtml. I'd expect the bits where the track gets close (mostly just below Burra Korain campsite) would require a bit of wet feet.
The track was a bit overgrown due to lack of traffic about 4 weeks ago... lawyer vine in particular :(

Otherwise, all should be open.
keithj
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT