Hiking Partner/s - Central Coast NSW

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Hiking Partner/s - Central Coast NSW

Postby saijef » Fri 08 Jan, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for some regular hiking partners from around the Central Coast / Lake Macquarie NSW area. I don't mind walking occasionally with a club, but my schedule doesn't always fit in with club schedules and I'm not big on big groups.

My level of experience is mainly on track with average fitness level. I don't like to necessarily rush through walks, but rather make good time while still enjoying the experience and surrounds. I have my own equipment with some spare.

I'm 40, female with an easy going nature. I prefer to plan hikes a few weeks (months for longer walks) in advance due to family and work travel commitments (I work in drilling industry in OHS).

The person/s I'm looking for would be easy going, experience level is open, male or female, with a mix of adventure as well as practical / sensible outlook on things.

Tracks I'm looking at completing include Tassie's tracks, Larapinta, GNW with some shorter overnighters thrown in. I'm very open to suggestions of tracks you'd like to tackle as well. I would also like to get over to the Kimberly in the future and some of NT.

I also like to kayak (flat water) and would like to take on some of the rivers as well e.g. Murrumbidgee, Wallis Lakes, Myall Lakes etc

I have a Koolie dog that I take with me on walks on occasion and where possible/practical, so persons must be OK with this. She is extremely friendly and accepting of people and other dogs.

If you have any interest in partnering up for regular hikes, drop me a line.

Take care
ange
saijef
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Hiking Partner/s - Central Coast NSW

Postby juju » Sat 09 Jan, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Ange, I walk with a few women. We are aged 60, 55, 50, 32 and my teenage son. we're older, but keen and funnily enough the eldest is probably the most fit. Three of us live on the north coast, south of Coffs Harbour and the other two are near Kew, north of Buladelah and they have kayak/canoes. We like to do overnight walks. My son and I are probably more adventurous than the others, him being a mountain goat. Our last overnight was taking my niece (32) for her only second (I took her out when she was around 10) overnight to the Hastings in Werrikimbee. We're looking at Hinchinbrook Island and there are walks in the Budawangs, Blue mountains and Tassie I'm keen to do. I have overnighted in Wolemi, Blue Mountains, Nadgee, SW Tassie, Gibraltar Ranges. I don't know if it would suit you but if we do a walk down south (we'd like to go to Barrington Tops) we could run it by you. Julie
We'll get fit on the way.
juju
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby iandsmith » Tue 09 Mar, 2010 10:49 pm

I don't do a lot of the type of walks you've indicated but am more into day stuff like at Gloucester or out from Dungog.
I've also had a thought.
I'm heading off in my motorhome at the very end of April or early May and plan, around the end of May to spend a week in the Western McDonnells. Would relish some company if you're interested in, say, flying to Alice for the week and joining me there.
Also, don't know if you've been to the Kimberly before but I'd strongly recommend the Pilbara, i.e. Karijini, it's a stunner.
I'll enclose a couple of pics.
Cheers, Ian
Attachments
Knox Gorge day two (72)SP.jpg
Knox Gorge
Knox Gorge day two (72)SP.jpg (84.69 KiB) Viewed 10070 times
Joffre Falls (29)SPjpg.jpg
Joffre
Joffre Falls (29)SPjpg.jpg (86.62 KiB) Viewed 10070 times
Hancock Gorge walk (49)SPjpg.jpg
Hancock
Hancock Gorge walk (49)SPjpg.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 10070 times
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tokayak » Thu 22 Apr, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Ange,

If you are still looking for a walking and kayaking buddy let me know. I'm interested. I don't have a kayak yet but I'm buying one. As for walking, I love walking and would like to get back into it. I'm 48 but look 30 lol, female and my schedule would probably work with yours. Your dog is just fine because I have 2 puppies and I love dogs!

Mary
tokayak
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby saijef » Sun 02 May, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi Mary,

A fellow BWT'er and I are walking a section of the GNW June long weekend, if you are interested PM me. No dogs this time, but would be interested in day walks with them. Are you in the area? I've recently moved to Wollombi and am surrounded by state forests.

ange
saijef
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby saijef » Sun 02 May, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Ian

Those pics just inspire me towards the west even further. I can't make it end of May, but would love to hear how you go in the West McDonnells during your trip esp weather / conditions wise.

Kimberly's / Pilbera are on my to-do list, I'm in awe of the country over there. So vast, beautiful and contrasting in its nature.

ange
saijef
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby saltie » Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi I live in Newie and am interested in finding people to do walks with to...I walk with the Newcastle clubs when I can but like you I don't always fit into to their schedules.
Let me know if you are still looking for walking partners.
I'm reasonably fit, sensibly adventurous and I work at sea so I have big bits of time off.
K
saltie
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Donna » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Ange,
I know your original post was some time ago, but am wondering if you're still walking . I'm 48 and up until a recent illness I walked 6kms almost daily (with my now old dog)mainly around my local semi-rural roads for convenience as I could go at any time to suit myself. BC ( before children) I loved bushwalking, mainly day trips and whilst they were young we did it as a family and through scouts. Now they've grown and won't walk with me. SO........I'm looking to start with day trips in the local Central coast region, but my ultimate goal is to do walking holidays throughout the world........Australiasia/ new zealand.........any where. I like to walk at a steady pace interspersed with time to just reflect/ observe and absorb the surroundings.........I have a fledgling interest in photography too. If you're still walking on the central coast or have made contact with others in this area I'd love to hear from you.
Donna
Donna
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby lifesydney » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi, why not put some detail plans here when anybody has one, and so the plan could be made to real practice then....Nice pictures by the way.
lifesydney
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT