Berowra Waters Camping

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Berowra Waters Camping

Postby kathfern » Thu 08 Apr, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone

Im planning on walking from Crosslands to Berowra Waters and would like to camp in that area overnight. Is there another option closer to Berowra Waters other than the Ridge Top Campground?

Thanks
kathy
kathfern
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Berowra Waters Camping

Postby DavidB » Fri 09 Apr, 2021 1:07 pm

Went through that area over Easter and I would recommend not camping near the water. The mozzies at the moment are quite abundant. My preference for camping would be to keep to the ridge tops.
DavidB
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Walk_fat boy_walk » Fri 09 Apr, 2021 2:08 pm

There's a really nice ridge-top camp, but not "the" ridge top camp just to the north of BW, maybe 1km north of BW (up the first steep hill) and maybe 1.5ish km before the "actual" ridge top camp. You go through BW along the GNW to where it turns right up the hill, and once you crest the hill the camp is just there... a few sites scattered around with a nice rock outcrop behind, fire circle and views back down to BW from the outcrop on the edge of the camp.
Walk_fat boy_walk
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby kathfern » Fri 09 Apr, 2021 4:23 pm

Thankyou David.

DavidB wrote:Went through that area over Easter and I would recommend not camping near the water. The mozzies at the moment are quite abundant. My preference for camping would be to keep to the ridge tops.
kathfern
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby kathfern » Fri 09 Apr, 2021 4:23 pm

Thankyou very much!

Walk_fat boy_walk wrote:There's a really nice ridge-top camp, but not "the" ridge top camp just to the north of BW, maybe 1km north of BW (up the first steep hill) and maybe 1.5ish km before the "actual" ridge top camp. You go through BW along the GNW to where it turns right up the hill, and once you crest the hill the camp is just there... a few sites scattered around with a nice rock outcrop behind, fire circle and views back down to BW from the outcrop on the edge of the camp.
kathfern
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT