5 Day Blue Mountains Walk

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

5 Day Blue Mountains Walk

Postby Dmo » Sun 13 Jun, 2021 10:54 am

Hi. I'd like to do a five day walk in the Blue Mountains in spring. Ideally the walk would be contiguous without the need to transit between two walks. The group I’m walking with is experienced, and would be happy for a “medium” grade with some hard sections if required. Looks like there are some great 2 – 3 day options. Wondering if someone can suggest a five day walk! Thanks, Dean
Dmo
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: 5 Day Blue Mountains Walk

Postby tom_brennan » Tue 15 Jun, 2021 10:54 am

Are you looking for tracked walks, or are you happy to walk off-track?

The options for tracked walks - particularly longer ones - are very limited. You could do something like Jenolan - Six Foot Track - Devils Hole - Narrow Neck - Golden Stairs - Mt Solitary - Kedumba Valley - Wentworth Falls (or Leura). But there's a fair bit of fire trail walking on the Six Foot Track.

It wouldn't be too hard to construct a 5 day walk in the Wild Dogs or Kanangra, but a fair bit of it is going to be off track.
Bushwalking NSW - http://bushwalkingnsw.com
tom_brennan
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Dmo » Thu 17 Jun, 2021 7:31 pm

Thanks Tom. Will have a more detailed look at your suggestions
Dmo
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Hoojar » Tue 22 Jun, 2021 3:12 pm

You could easily spend five days in The Blue Breaks, if off-track walking is your thing. Else you could go from Katoomba to Mittagong (with an optional detour via Kanangra). You can also walk Katoomba to Wombeyan Caves.
Hoojar
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Dmo » Fri 25 Jun, 2021 11:19 am

Cheers Hoojar - we dont mind some off track wealking. Will have a squiz!!
Dmo
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby YoungCodger » Tue 29 Jun, 2021 9:58 am

Dmo wrote:Hi. I'd like to do a five day walk in the Blue Mountains in spring....

You could do something like this: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1603611. That gets the flavour of the South side of the Blue Mountains - Kedumba Valley, Mt Solitary, Narrowneck including an awesome pass (Red Ledge, short easy exposed section), taste of the Wild Dogs including optional short easy scrambling for the peaks, iconic views of the Three Sisters and Lindemanns Pass (fascinating history there) with optional exciting side-trips up Copeland and Gladstone Passes if you're sure-footed. If you are keen let me know and I'll offer more accurate GPX info for the few short off-track sections - I could pull it from recordings.

If you don't mind getting scratched up, there are amazing options in the upper Grose and Wild Dogs.
YoungCodger
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby wildwanderer » Tue 29 Jun, 2021 10:44 am

Hi YC

Have you been down redledge post fires?

Curious what the regrowth is like especially heading back towards devils hole, used to be a comes and goes former farm track that was comparatively close to the cliff line and intersected the old water board road.
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to New South Wales & ACT