Cooridjah Corridor Access

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Cooridjah Corridor Access

Postby rathnew » Sun 22 May, 2022 10:56 am

Thinking about doing the Cooridjah Corridor (Blue Gum Creek) walk in Nattai NP this week. Looking at the Bushwalking NSW description, there is (or was in 2016) about 5km of dirt road to get to the trackhead. Anyone been there recently? Is the road still suitable for 2wd after the rains? Thanks in advance.
rathnew
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Cooridjah Corridor Access

Postby johnw » Sun 22 May, 2022 11:27 am

Many years since I did this walk. It's a nice enough walk as long as not too hot as it's all on fire trail. Blue Gums along there are really good.
From memory it's only about 2 km of dirt road to the locked gate trackhead from the southern entry to Thirlmere Lakes NP via Slades Road.
Looks like you have to go in that way at present in any case, as Slades Road is closed between West Parade and Dry Lakes Road according to NPWS alerts.
The walking track around the lakes is also currently closed.
My recollection is that there were potholes etc on that road and a fair bit of standing water after rain. It's a long time ago but in more recent years when I've visited the lakes the road has been similar.
It gets used a lot by people just going there for picnics etc. I've always owned 4WDs or AWDs but 2WD should be OK with care.
From NPWS site it appears they have upgraded the trackhead/car park, it used to be just a locked gate and little else. Plenty of current info here:
https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/couridjah-corridor-walk
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby tom_brennan » Sun 22 May, 2022 12:41 pm

The road around the lake is fairly sandy, so probably not as bad as some of the clay based ones.

For a road like this, parks will probably close it on their website if it's in too bad condition, so it's probably ok - with care.
Bushwalking NSW - http://bushwalkingnsw.com
tom_brennan
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby rathnew » Sun 22 May, 2022 5:29 pm

Thanks both - greatly appreciated!
rathnew
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii