Camping Mt Warning

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Camping Mt Warning

Postby alnby » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm travelling down from Brisbane to walk up Mt Warning and would like to know if anyone can tell me of a National Park or State Forest camp ground relatively close by. I know there are a few commercial ones near Mt Warning but would prefer N.P or State Forest.
alnby
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Camping Mt Warning

Postby Currumby » Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:21 pm

G'day Alnby,

There's no State Forest/National Park camping in the immediate area. Mebbin State Forest would be the closest, but you're still looking at a 40-45 min drive. Unless you wanted to explore there as well. You'd be better off staying at Mt Warning Rainforest Park, which is minutes from the park entrance. At least then you can get an early start, and you'll save on extra fuel expenses by not driving all the way to Mebbin. Good luck with the climb.
Currumby
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Re: Camping Mt Warning

Postby alnby » Fri 18 Nov, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks Currumby,
I was posting at the last minute so have already been and returned. Did in fact stay at Mebbin N.P. I was taking my brother out for one of his first camping/walking trips so I wanted to shy away from the commercial camping grounds. The camp ground wasn't the highlight of the trip but it served the purpose. Got a lovely overcast day for the climb. Wow, it's a busy track even in the middle of the week. Saw a couple of snakes and lizards and thoroughly enjoyed the views.
Thanks again for your response.
alnby
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT