Faulonbridge to Blaxland or Glenbrook

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Faulonbridge to Blaxland or Glenbrook

Postby Webguy » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:53 am

Hi all.

Was thinking of doing the above walk as an overnighter as a reasonable start back into overnight hiking. Have done parts of the walk from Faulconbridge downwards and came out at I think Sassafras Gulley Rd. Only a quick few hours as we had walked up to the falls and decided not to go back the same way we came.

Are there many places to camp along this track? Water ok if we treat with tablets?

Was thinking of either ending at Blaxland behind the Library I believe the track comes out, or, maybe extend through to Glenbrook, but was not sure where the track went there and what it was like.

Cheers
Webguy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Faulonbridge to Blaxland or Glenbrook

Postby kanangra » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:08 am

There are suitable spots. I like the one at the junction with Glenbrook Ck. There are tracks all the way as far as the Kings Link Track. After that there is no track on Glenbrook Ck till you get to the vicinity of the junction with Kanuka Brook. You can still make your way through OK and it is not that far but there is no track.

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Webguy » Fri 10 Feb, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks, was reading that there is a site approx halfway around/under Martins Lookout, might be the go.
Webguy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby wildwalks » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 1:40 pm

wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW

Postby Webguy » Wed 15 Feb, 2012 8:12 am

Hi Matt

Thanks for the link, very helpful. Just gotta get a spare weekend to get out and do it now. I assume you can follow the creek past Martins Lookout rather than heading up on top of the ridge etc?

Cheers
Webguy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby wildwalks » Wed 15 Feb, 2012 8:41 am

Webguy wrote:I assume you can follow the creek past Martins Lookout rather than heading up on top of the ridge etc?

Hi webguy
I guess anything is possible but it would be pretty hard going. I could not find a track and the bush is dense and the creek slow to follow. Looks like it becomes much more of a steep walled canyon The track is very faint on the ridge as well but the veg on the ridge is more open.

Hope you find the time and enjoy the journey

Matt :)
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW

Postby Webguy » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply, weird there is no track that continues to follow the creek. I've only come down from Martins Lookout and up to the otherside, but though I saw tracks that continued along the creek. TBH, never really took that much notice.

Just waiting now for a reasonable free weekend to go see for ourselves so to speak ;-)
Webguy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to New South Wales & ACT