Grampians Peaks Trail Report

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Grampians Peaks Trail Report

Postby canthardlywait » Sun 15 Sep, 2019 6:07 pm

It's been just over a year between hikes and I'll be heading to Tassie in a couple of weeks to do Frenchman's Cap (weather permitting). Meanwhile, I've had this report written up but just hadn't got around to adding pics. In July last year I did the open section of the Grampians Peaks Trail. Some pretty amazing scenery and I'm looking forward to the track opening up soon. Have a read here.

Cheers
canthardlywait
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Re: Grampians Peaks Trail Report

Postby Eremophila » Mon 05 Apr, 2021 8:04 am

Some new signage has been erected at Mt Sturgeon, at the top the signs indicate that the trail now continues to Dunkeld.

Also signage to Mud Dadjug campsite, the sign at the junction down below is still covered over but the one at the top has had all its coverings removed.

Some 30 cars at the Mt Sturgeon car park when we set off yesterday.... encroaching well into the private property area. One dog on the trail, one drone up top :roll: No rubbish thank goodness, I did see one tissue on the way back which looked as though it may have fallen from someone’s pocket. But otherwise very litter-free which was something.
Eremophila
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to Victoria