Grampians Nazis

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Grampians Nazis

Postby Lophophaps » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 10:48 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-28/ ... s/13097654

Residents of The Grampians in western Victoria have been left shocked and angered after witnessing a group of white supremacists in balaclavas rallying in the national park.

A police spokesperson said no laws were broken, despite concerns of locals.

Police investigated the incident at the weekend which involved about 20 or 30 men who could be heard chanting white power slogans and "Heil Hitler".

*** extract ends

The Grampians is also known as Gariwerd is a very spiritual place for Aboriginal people, and this alone is reason to be critical of the white supremacists. Apart from this, accepted community values are also a reason.
Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Re: Grampians Nazis

Postby Baeng72 » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 11:37 am

I wouldn't have been comfortable around those flogs, and fear for non-Anglo looking folk who might be unfortunate enough to cross a groups of these types fuelled on alcohol...

Interesting that the police say no laws were broken when they illegally camped next to Lake Bellfield according to the Age article.

Possibly, ASIO/Police are survelling them and didn't want to spook them?
Baeng72
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby commando » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 1:12 pm

These topics seem to be raised around every Australia Day weekend, there are much greater enemies to Australian society.
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Postby Baeng72 » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 1:56 pm

Look the media, especially Murdoch's rubbish, love to stir up the 'Leftie's, and so they'll raise the 'It wasn't an invasion' every Australia day.
Similarly, these attention seeking coz-play nazis are trying to recruit, gain relevance and the media will 'struggle' to report it, while bathing in the clicks it generates.
As for much greater enemies? Sure, but we can walk and chew gum at the same time and unfortunaly with Murdoch, et al, we seem to keep relelecting the *&%$#! greater enemies. ;)
Baeng72
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GregG » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 2:51 pm

"When they came for the communists I did nothing, because I wasn't a communist, ..." etc.
I think that political extremism, eithet right or left, is something to be very very wary of. Same goes for extreme religious beliefs. It is easy to dismiss this sort of stuff as just some dimwits having a bit of fun out in the bush. It isn't so funny when they have taken over the government of your country on the pretext that they are going to fix some very important issue(s) on your behalf. Next thing you wake up one morning and you find that you are that issue and then its off to the reeducation camp. Too late to say theree are more important things to worry about then.
GregG
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie
Region: New South Wales

Postby GregG » Thu 28 Jan, 2021 4:08 pm

Having said that, I should mention something else I have noticed. Every now and then when I open a new topic on this forum, the dog pricks his ears up, kind of like he can hear a dog whistle or something.
GregG

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie
Region: New South Wales

Return to Victoria