Helicopter Spur and Crosscut Saw in April

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Helicopter Spur and Crosscut Saw in April

Postby wildwanderer » Sat 17 Apr, 2021 11:17 pm

Baeng72 wrote: maintain the desire?

For me I enjoy being in the wilderness and seem to get energy from it. I like looking over maps, planning a route, selecting places to camp and then doing it.

It's always tough when you're feeling a bit under the weather though..

Walking with others is a good way to enjoy a trip if your starting to feel a bit unmotivated.
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby north-north-west » Sun 18 Apr, 2021 9:33 am

Maintaining the desire is not a problem I've ever had. Satisfying it is the hard part.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby neilmny » Sun 18 Apr, 2021 10:08 am

Baeng72 wrote:......................I nearly didn't go, as I was in two minds about it, but it was too good an opportunity to not go..

I'd say your body and subconscious were telling you things were not going well. I'm inclined to listen to those signals If you'd been 100% you'd probably have been off like a rocket. I almost always go through a what the hell am I thinking stage but once the circulation fires up and the endorphins kick in all is good again.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby bigkev » Sun 18 Apr, 2021 12:05 pm

north-north-west wrote:Maintaining the desire is not a problem I've ever had. Satisfying it is the hard part.

Hi Baeng, I'm with NNW on this - maintaining the desire to head bush generally isn't an issue - heading back to the weekly grind is another thing altogether though :roll:

I might have one hint for you. Whilst I head bush pretty well every week and have an ever expanding list of walks that I'd like to do, I try not to put time frames on completing those strolls. Helicopter Spur will still be there next year (much like the Gammons or the SW of Tassie will be for me). I find that by making rough self imposed timelines in my head it can turn the walking into more of a chore (I have enough of that at work). As Neil says, listen to those voices in your head - if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't right.

I admire your enthusiasm Baeng, it's great to have walkers like you out in the bush :)
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Sun 18 Apr, 2021 10:39 pm

It some times takes me 3 years to tick off a walk or ski tour that I have in my mental " in tray" or to do list . I get there in the end. :-)
paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.

Previous

Return to Victoria