Mount Buller overnight parking

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mount Buller overnight parking

Postby sandym » Sun 06 Mar, 2022 2:31 pm

G'day Victorians, and others who know the answer to this question:

I am currently planning a 5 to 7 day walk around Alpine National Park and thinking of starting from Mount Buller. Timeline is April, if it actually stops raining :D

I am trying to find out what the parking situation is. If I simply google, I find the Mt Buller website that says you have to pay a fee and overnight parking is 2 to 4 km below the resort.

Can any helpful folks tell me what the deal is for summer/autumn (outside snow season basically) access and parking?

Thanks so much.
sandym
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Mount Buller overnight parking

Postby nezumi » Sun 06 Mar, 2022 8:46 pm

The entry fee only applies during the snow season (Queens Birthday Long Weekend to October I believe). During summer there isn't any charge applicable.

The Buller website is less than helpful on this, but the Mt Stirling one (same management board and entry fee in winter covers both) has this:
https://www.mtstirling.com.au/plan/reso ... y-pricing/
nezumi
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby stevage » Mon 07 Mar, 2022 1:34 pm

sandym wrote:G'day Victorians, and others who know the answer to this question:

I am currently planning a 5 to 7 day walk around Alpine National Park and thinking of starting from Mount Buller. Timeline is April, if it actually stops raining :D

I am trying to find out what the parking situation is. If I simply google, I find the Mt Buller website that says you have to pay a fee and overnight parking is 2 to 4 km below the resort.

Can any helpful folks tell me what the deal is for summer/autumn (outside snow season basically) access and parking?

Thanks so much.

FYI this is the "trip reports and track notes" forum, you probably meant to post in the general Victoria one.
stevage
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Postby sandym » Mon 07 Mar, 2022 3:38 pm

Thanks both.
sandym

Region: New South Wales

Return to Victoria