Trails around Torpedo Bay near Lake Tinaroo

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Trails around Torpedo Bay near Lake Tinaroo

Postby sandym » Sun 13 Oct, 2013 2:56 pm

A while ago I walked the circuit around Torpedo Bay by Lake Tinaroo in the hiking books and found a mess of other trails in the area that are flagged but not signed. There is a map is displayed at a couple of places on the trail indicating the trail goes to Black Mountain (I'd put in a photo of the map here, but I don't know how)

I took the trail to "Black Mountain" and walked for 3 hours (including losing the trail a few times), came by a nice creek, walked and walked, but no end to the trail in sight. Does anyone know where it eventually leads?
sandym
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Trails around Torpedo Bay near Lake Tinaroo

Postby Willraja » Sun 13 Oct, 2013 8:30 pm

Haven't done that particular walk, but a quick search found this http://www.mountainmojo.info/walk_area/ ... inaroo.pdf from the looks of his walk log at the bottom of the document it took 1hr10m(minus lunch) from Black Mountain to the Torpedo Bay Trail junction and about 30 mins from that point to Danbulla Road.
Willraja
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: South Australia

Re: Trails around Torpedo Bay near Lake Tinaroo

Postby sandym » Mon 14 Oct, 2013 6:55 pm

Thank you Willraja. I did not find that when searching for Black Mountain. Turns out a friend of mine from Cairns has some knowledge of the trail. The one I was on seemed to skirt Black Mountain and continued north. I think I would have eventually come out at Tinaroo Creek off the Kennedy Highway.
sandym

Region: New South Wales

Return to Queensland