Mt. Greville ladder.

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mt. Greville ladder.

Postby CBee » Sat 31 Jul, 2021 5:46 pm

The steel ladder at the top of north gorge, is not there anymore. The two alternatives to reach the summit and avoid retracing the route, are much harder and/or exciting than climbing the ladder.
CBee
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Queensland

Re: Mt. Greville ladder.

Postby ofuros » Mon 02 Aug, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks the update, CBee.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby gbagua » Wed 29 Sep, 2021 8:39 pm

I couldn't find the way up when I was there on Oct.2019 due to excessive bush growth! Damn it was upsetting. Wondering if the ladder was there at the time? We approached the gorge from the top though as opposed to accessing the gorge from the bottom as normally done.

Same goes for the Caves Route at Tibro. Some cowboy chipped the rock at the top next to the chimney and circled the hikes with yellow paint! But apparently they were removed. Not sure if they covered the holes with epoxy.
gbagua

Postby Aardvark » Thu 30 Sep, 2021 5:32 am

gbagua wrote:Same goes for the Caves Route at Tibro. Some cowboy chipped the rock at the top next to the chimney and circled the hikes with yellow paint! But apparently they were removed. Not sure if they covered the holes with epoxy.

I suppose the issue will never really end. There is always some wannabe hero who thinks they can make decisions for everybody.
Going over Superbus a couple of weeks ago i again filled a pocket with tape..
When debating the issue with a british companion who is relatively new to bushwalking, he was less outspoken on the subject with a comment, "i can see both sides to the argument."
Well, i can too but i argue for the side of 'no tape'.
Ever on the search for a one ended stick.
Aardvark
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby CBee » Thu 30 Sep, 2021 10:15 am

So I was right. Climbed up the chimney few months ago and I thought it was way easier than I remembered. Some nice edging on convenient pockets... Man made.
Tape is another thing: you always find it where there's no need...
CBee

Return to Queensland