Cedar Bay Track, Far North Qld

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Cedar Bay Track, Far North Qld

Postby dtbaker » Thu 04 Aug, 2022 8:02 pm

Hey @davidp

>> This includes a side trip to home rule falls form where it is possible to walk further upstream to intake falls

Do you have any details or photos of intake falls? I've only seen a painting and apparently it was washed away recently.
dtbaker
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Postby ofuros » Fri 05 Aug, 2022 1:28 pm

dtbaker wrote:Hey @davidp

>> This includes a side trip to home rule falls form where it is possible to walk further upstream to intake falls

Do you have any details or photos of intake falls? I've only seen a painting and apparently it was washed away recently.

Just in case dtbaker doesn't drop into the forum very often...try a PM personal message, it'll show up in his email account.

Or qoute his post that'll show in his emails too.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Folkvang » Tue 13 Dec, 2022 9:10 am

ofuros wrote:...i heard there's also the Gap Creek track, starting on the Bloomfield- Rossville rd.

I'd try that way next time, depending on how dense it is, probably via Mt Finlay down the spur onto Cedar Bay then follow the creek behind the camp to the spur heading for the gap creek track turning it into a circuit...easy to say when in front of a keyboard. :lol:

Another cool season adventure with a 4wd on the Bloomfield Rd added to the bushwalking list. 8)

When I checked a couple years ago, this track was completely overgrown and not possible. Don't go this way. You want to contact Homerule and go from there. But make sure it's not the rainy season otherwise the track is incredibly slippery and most likely you won't be able to cross the creeks as they will be overflowing.
Folkvang
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby ofuros » Tue 13 Dec, 2022 4:45 pm

There's a couple of small hipcamp's in the area that also have 'over the hill' access to the Np. All off-track, cool season walking of course. :wink:
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Previous

Return to Queensland