Light to light car shuffle

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Light to light car shuffle

Postby AbiDW1 » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 3:26 pm

Hello! I'm planning to hike Light to Light next week with my partner over two days starting June 23, 24 or 25, but we only have one car.

Is anyone interested in car shuffling with us OR sharing the cost of the Light to Light transfer service ($250 for 4 people)? Happy to hike together or separately, whatever you prefer.

Cheers!
AbiDW1
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Light to light car shuffle

Postby sandym » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 5:48 pm

I always suggest this and people always nix it, but it works well, saves money on shuttles and you camp together. You drop partner at north end (or south end), partner walks south to where-ever you have decided to camp - say Hegartys for argument sake. You drive to south end (or north end), leave car, and walk north to where you have decided to camp. Greet each other joyously and camp together. Next day, you walk north to where you dropped partner off, while partner walks south and retrieves car and drives north to pick you up.
sandym
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport