Brooks Range, Alaska

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Brooks Range, Alaska

Postby jmac » Wed 13 Aug, 2014 12:35 pm

G'day,

A rough account of a two week packrafting trip in the Brooks Range, Alaska; approximately half paddling and half bushwalking:

http://mclaine.org/alatna-river-and-arrigetch-peaks-rough-cut-of-first-few-raw-pictures/

I posted this first in the Tasmanian forum because it's generally the only one I read; then I realised it might be of some interest to users of this International Trips forum. My apologies to those who've read it already in the Tassie forum.

John
jmac
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Brooks Range, Alaska

Postby dagsands » Sat 27 Aug, 2016 8:33 am

Absolutely wonderful jmac ! Read all three blog posts - pics are great and I love your writing style and how you describe everything accurately, with its proper name, especially the Bears. Very inspiring. Thank you :)
Two dags and their pooch who live at the beach in their home called Dagsands, of course.
dagsands
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wild Earth Affiliate
Region: New South Wales

Re: Brooks Range, Alaska

Postby jmac » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:43 am

An update to this post here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17829

Moderators please forgive the double post; feel free to combine or delete as per your preferred posting standards.

Thanks, John
jmac
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to International Trip Reports & Track Notes