Great Ocean Walk

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Great Ocean Walk

Postby SueO1988 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 11:32 pm

My husband and I and friends completed the Great Ocean Walk in September. We did it over 6 nights/7 days. Absolutely stunning and loved every part of it. Sadly since we completed there have been the devastating fires in parts of the Great Otway National Park. Hopefully the park will recover and this amazing walk can continue to be enjoyed by trekkers from all over the world. I have done a blog with information from our walk that I thought I would share for your enjoyment.

https://trekintaleswordpresscom.wordpress.com/

Cheers
Sue
SueO1988
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Great Ocean Walk

Postby neilmny » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 9:15 am

Great blog and pictures Sue. The best report I've seen on the GOW for sure.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby sim1oz » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 1:18 pm

Sue, as Neil says, terrific blog and pictures. Really useful for people who are planning to do the GOW. I'll be interested to hear how badly the bushfires have affected the walk surrounds. Thanks for sharing!
Carpe diem!
sim1oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby MickyB » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 2:45 pm

sim1oz wrote:Sue, as Neil says, terrific blog and pictures.

+2 It was a great read. Thanks Sue.

sim1oz wrote: I'll be interested to hear how badly the bushfires have affected the walk surrounds.

I'm happy to be corrected but I don't think the fires from Xmas day would affect any part of the GOW.
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes