Sassafras to Wog Wog

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Re: Sassafras to Wog Wog

Postby Huntsman247 » Tue 23 Jul, 2019 12:36 pm

bernieq wrote:Thanks for the report, huntsman247 - lots of useful info.

I didn't notice a side track east of Yurnga t/o when we came through in Sep last year - although we were heading NE (up) and it was wet & miserable so perhaps not surprising. The track does bifurcate in that area and NE/SW is the general direction of the track.

Re the route up from Angel Creek, your description sounded a little different to mine (or maybe just me not following very well) - I've attached a screenshot of what I have - is that essentially the same as your route?

Angel ck.jpg
Yeah that looks about right. I wasn't that descriptive there as the track is rather well worn.
Huntsman247
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Postby insect_eater » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 4:36 pm

Hunstman - I sincerely apologise for hijacking and distracting your thread from your trip report - I didn't intend my post to do so. However, to update on my ankle, after much physio I've had on-going pain. Thinking it was just slow to heal, I even walked about 30km one day at El Questro in the Kimberely a couple of weeks ago with minor discomfort, but really struggled with my 25kg work travel pack when crossing loose stoney creeks on the way to my campsite up there. I returned and demanded a scan which yesterday showed a fractured talus bone. I'm now booked into the fracture clinic.........
insect_eater
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby crollsurf » Tue 02 Mar, 2021 1:31 pm

Parks just got back to me with some good news regarding the Sassafras entrance. Parks have been in discussion with land owners for some time and have recently managed to obtain an easement from Braidwood Road at Sassafras to the Endrick River Firetrail. It's the same road as before and Parks are currently preparing new signage. So long as people show common sense and respect the owners land, things should be good from now on.
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Zapruda » Thu 04 Mar, 2021 7:26 am

crollsurf wrote:Parks just got back to me with some good news regarding the Sassafras entrance. Parks have been in discussion with land owners for some time and have recently managed to obtain an easement from Braidwood Road at Sassafras to the Endrick River Firetrail. It's the same road as before and Parks are currently preparing new signage. So long as people show common sense and respect the owners land, things should be good from now on.

This is really good news. Thanks Crollsurf
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby FionaShedden » Thu 04 Mar, 2021 7:54 am

Excellent news! Will have to head down that way soon.
FionaShedden
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby potato » Thu 04 Mar, 2021 9:34 am

crollsurf wrote:Parks just got back to me with some good news regarding the Sassafras entrance. Parks have been in discussion with land owners for some time and have recently managed to obtain an easement from Braidwood Road at Sassafras to the Endrick River Firetrail. It's the same road as before and Parks are currently preparing new signage. So long as people show common sense and respect the owners land, things should be good from now on.

That is great news.
potato
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby Walk_fat boy_walk » Fri 05 Mar, 2021 7:28 am

Brilliant!
Walk_fat boy_walk
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ianhopkins » Tue 06 Apr, 2021 10:12 am

has anyone had a chance to use the Sassafras Entrance since this post? Thinking of doing a trip down there shortly but I couldn't see anything on the Parks Website about this entrance being accessible again.
ianhopkins
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Walk_fat boy_walk » Tue 06 Apr, 2021 12:59 pm

ianhopkins wrote:has anyone had a chance to use the Sassafras Entrance since this post? Thinking of doing a trip down there shortly but I couldn't see anything on the Parks Website about this entrance being accessible again.
Call the Ulladulla NPWS office, they should be able to tell you.
Walk_fat boy_walk
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ianhopkins » Tue 06 Apr, 2021 3:03 pm

Thank you, will give them a try
ianhopkins
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby sandym » Thu 10 Jun, 2021 11:43 am

Hi Ian: Have you had any luck with information on the Sassafras entrance? I know Ulladulla office can be notoriously hard to reach.
sandym

Postby Huntsman247 » Wed 29 Dec, 2021 1:15 pm

Instead of starting a new topic though to high jack my old post.
As anyone followed Hollands gorge past the accent to angels, going up around sentinel hill and connecting it to the mount tarn walking track?
I'm assuming it's pretty straight forward but since old mate covid has put all my walking buddies out of commission, I'm just seeking some confirmation to ease my mind as its now a solo trip. Lol. I've been upto but not further upstream from angels ck junction so I'm just interested in what's further upstream.
Thanks in advance.
Huntsman247

Previous

Return to NSW & ACT Trip Reports & Track Notes