Giles Track report - Watarrka NP

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Giles Track report - Watarrka NP

Postby bigkev » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 4:01 pm

I've just returned from another great trip to Central Australia and while most of the walking I did up there probably wouldn't interest the walkers on this forum there was one walk that I did that might hold some interest, The Giles Track.

The Giles Track heads along the George Gill Range in Watarrka National Park, the walk is more often than not done over 2 days but is doable in 1 solid day, which is the option that I took. I walked around 25 kilometres over the course of the day. I've done a lot of walking up north over the last 30 years but this was one of the most enjoyable trips that I've done due to the amount of rain that we had up there, a lot of the creeks were flowing and most of the waterholes were full to overflowing making them perfect places to sit and wait out the hottest part of the day.

Here's the link to my post if you want to check it out http://goinferalonedayatatime.blogspot. ... -park.html

Cheers Kevin
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Giles Track report - Watarrka NP

Postby eggs » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 4:17 pm

Great report. Thanks
eggs
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: South Australia

Postby ofuros » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 5:47 pm

Beautifully marked Monitor lizard......and the swarm of crunchy bushflies brings back outback memories. :lol:
Enjoyed your write up, bigkev.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby bigkev » Fri 05 Feb, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks for checking out the post guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers
Kevin
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to SA, WA & NT Trip Reports & Track Notes