Walk the York

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Walk the York

Postby bigkev » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:29 pm

I recently found myself over on the York Peninsula for a couple of days and decided to walk a section of the long distance 'Walk the York' (WTY) trail. The full WTY follows the coastline of the York Peninsula on a 600 kilometre odd journey. It looks like it's a bit like the Heysen in that it passes through a fair variety of different country, from farm land to coastal cliffs, quiet towns and wild national parks.

The short section I did was on the east coast around Port Vincent and I found it a really enjoyable day out. I've knocked out a post on my blog if anyone wants an idea of what it looks like on the ground. Here's the link http://goinferalonedayatatime.blogspot. ... yorke.html
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Walk the York

Postby GregR » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 9:57 am

Good read, thanks Kevin.

Must get there soon as I have a daughter in Adelaide who like me is keen to explore the York.

Cheers
Greg
GregR
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to SA, WA & NT Trip Reports & Track Notes