SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Hiking Exped » Sun 17 Oct, 2021 1:54 pm

This Bogong area and the fainters is one of my favourites, and that’s a great week our you have listed there, but once flights are allowed and reliable it’s NZ south Islands for me for some serious getting away from it all. Before the flights though, maybe a snow camp up on Mt Stirling, then Bogong region sounds good too!

paidal_chalne_vala wrote:I am heading up to Mt. Bogong and the Bogong High Plains starting at Bogong Village , up Black possum spur, Mt. Arthur, Bogong Creek Saddle/Quartz Ridge/Summit/ CC Hut/ T spur/Big River/Duane Spur/ Roper Hut and the BHP and doing a full 7 day trek ending at Bogong Village via Bogong Jack Saddle.
LET ME OUT !!!!
Hiking Exped
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Walk_fat boy_walk » Mon 18 Oct, 2021 8:50 pm

paidal_chalne_vala wrote:I am heading up to Mt. Bogong and the Bogong High Plains starting at Bogong Village , up Black possum spur, Mt. Arthur, Bogong Creek Saddle/Quartz Ridge/Summit/ CC Hut/ T spur/Big River/Duane Spur/ Roper Hut and the BHP and doing a full 7 day trek ending at Bogong Village via Bogong Jack Saddle.
LET ME OUT !!!!

Did mostly that route in reverse last year, but instead of directly linking tawonga huts with pole 333 went off track accross to the track to Weston's then down to the river, up Diamantina to feathertop, then Hotham, dibbins, BHP and onwards... an "almost" figure 8. Also stayed off track along the crest of the fainters and jaitmathangs which was well worth it. Was 7 days as well. Track from black possum to arthur then down the other side is rough but well enough defined, and everything else on good track from memory (apart from the above mentioned off track bits, but they're optional)? *&%$#! good walk. Bogong jack saddle is a great campsite too :)

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Walk_fat boy_walk
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Previous

Return to Bushwalking Discussion