Missing Campers

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Ms_Mudd » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 9:52 am

I think he is still being held in custody, but laid no charges at this point in time.
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Baeng72 » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 10:12 am

Ms_Mudd wrote:I think he is still being held in custody, but laid no charges at this point in time.

Right you are. I stand corrected. Lengthy questioning, but no charges yet.
Baeng72
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed 07 Aug, 2019 2:29 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Ms_Mudd » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 3:36 pm

I edited my reply before, as it included some ponderings that I should refrain from until charges are laid etc.
Following with interest. Probably not helpful for me to though.
Last edited by Ms_Mudd on Thu 25 Nov, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: Missing Campers

Postby EGM » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 4:50 pm

I'm looking forward to the casefile True Crime episode on this one.

It will he interesting to find out the details.
EGM
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri 08 May, 2020 2:01 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Dexter » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 6:03 pm

The news just mentioned the Jetstar employee has been charged. But really gave no details past that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dexter
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon 28 Aug, 2017 5:06 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby michael_p » Thu 25 Nov, 2021 6:11 pm

Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that he has been charged with 2 counts of murder.
One foot in front of the other.
User avatar
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 15 Nov, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Macarthur Region of Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby sambar358 » Mon 29 Nov, 2021 1:02 pm

Police are now concentrating their search efforts for the remains of the 2 campers around the Grant Historical Area about 15k north of Dargo. The area has been closed to the public and a large contingent of police are in the area with the search to begin today Monday 29/11. The Grant area has an abundance of mine shafts dating back to the 1800's gold rush days....some well-known and many others relatively undiscovered.....for police to concentrate their efforts on this area rather than up at Arbuckle Junction where Lynn was arrested or back in the Wonnangatta Valley where the couple were camped indicates to me that Lynn may have made some admissions during his 72 hours in custody after his arrest. Cheers

s358
sambar358
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat 25 Oct, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Xplora » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 5:22 am

sambar358 wrote:Police are now concentrating their search efforts for the remains of the 2 campers around the Grant Historical Area about 15k north of Dargo. The area has been closed to the public and a large contingent of police are in the area with the search to begin today Monday 29/11. The Grant area has an abundance of mine shafts dating back to the 1800's gold rush days....some well-known and many others relatively undiscovered.....for police to concentrate their efforts on this area rather than up at Arbuckle Junction where Lynn was arrested or back in the Wonnangatta Valley where the couple were camped indicates to me that Lynn may have made some admissions during his 72 hours in custody after his arrest. Cheers

s358


There was no way the bodies would at Arbuckle junction if he left via the Great Alpine Road. Something prompted Police to move in on him prematurely. Police say it was a concern for his welfare. Unfortunately we will probably not know much more until May next year at least. If he was cooperating with Police to help them find the bodies he would be at the scene.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:24 am
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby michael_p » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 2:35 pm

Reports coming through of human remains found near Dargo.
One foot in front of the other.
User avatar
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 15 Nov, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Macarthur Region of Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Baeng72 » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 2:37 pm

Xplora wrote:
sambar358 wrote:Police are now concentrating their search efforts for the remains of the 2 campers around the Grant Historical Area about 15k north of Dargo. The area has been closed to the public and a large contingent of police are in the area with the search to begin today Monday 29/11. The Grant area has an abundance of mine shafts dating back to the 1800's gold rush days....some well-known and many others relatively undiscovered.....for police to concentrate their efforts on this area rather than up at Arbuckle Junction where Lynn was arrested or back in the Wonnangatta Valley where the couple were camped indicates to me that Lynn may have made some admissions during his 72 hours in custody after his arrest. Cheers

s358


There was no way the bodies would at Arbuckle junction if he left via the Great Alpine Road. Something prompted Police to move in on him prematurely. Police say it was a concern for his welfare. Unfortunately we will probably not know much more until May next year at least. If he was cooperating with Police to help them find the bodies he would be at the scene.

I thought GAR was a wild shovel chase. And seems that they've now found human remains in Grant area.
Baeng72
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed 07 Aug, 2019 2:29 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Eremophila » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 2:40 pm

User avatar
Eremophila
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon 24 Oct, 2011 5:15 pm
Location: SW Vic
Region: Victoria
Gender: Female

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Overlandman » Tue 30 Nov, 2021 2:50 pm

Whatever, Wherever, Whenever
Overlandman
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sun 13 Nov, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Tasmania
Region: Tasmania
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby michael_p » Mon 14 Feb, 2022 3:18 pm

ABC reporting: Police confirm human remains uncovered in Victoria's high country are Russell Hill and Carol Clay
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-14/ ... /100828868
One foot in front of the other.
User avatar
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 15 Nov, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Macarthur Region of Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby GBW » Wed 23 Feb, 2022 5:46 pm

Channel 9 Wed 23/2/22 @ 9pm - Under Investigation - Curse of the High Country

Liz Hayes looks into the disappearance of Russell Hill and Carol Clay, who went camping in Victoria’s High Country and never came back.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
User avatar
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Fri 02 May, 2014 9:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby michael_p » Mon 16 Jan, 2023 6:26 am

Committal mention this week. So we should get some idea as to what happened. ABC report: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-16/ ... /101855340
One foot in front of the other.
User avatar
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 15 Nov, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Macarthur Region of Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Xplora » Tue 17 Jan, 2023 5:21 am

michael_p wrote:Committal mention this week. So we should get some idea as to what happened. ABC report: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-16/ ... /101855340

More correctly it is a committal hearing set down for four days, the last day is the 23rd when the ballistics expert is available. Media grabbed evidence from a weed sprayer who said Russel Clay appeared to be a grumpy old man. This was a judgement made because he did not stop to talk to him. 'he appeared to be in a hurry to get to his camp'. 'thought he was having an argument' Seriously flawed evidence. No foundation for these assumptions and all based on a fleeting glimpse. Hopefully something more substantial comes out today.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:24 am
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Avatar » Sun 13 Aug, 2023 10:05 pm

Dr. Grande discusses this case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGTFQyU7wA
User avatar
Avatar
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 5:21 pm
Location: NE Melbourne
Region: Victoria

Re: Missing Campers

Postby michael_p » Fri 10 May, 2024 11:48 am

Jury discharged before the trial even gets started: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-10/ ... /103829598
One foot in front of the other.
User avatar
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 15 Nov, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Macarthur Region of Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Missing Campers

Postby Camminata » Fri 10 May, 2024 3:33 pm

What would be the reason for a new jury?
The Inbetween Is Mine
User avatar
Camminata
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed 17 Sep, 2014 11:38 am
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://hikingtales55.blogspot.com
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Bushwalking Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests