Federal Election 2022 - Best candidates

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Federal Election 2022 - Best candidates

Postby crollsurf » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 9:45 am

If you asked this question on most social media platforms, you would get flooded with hate. This forum may have a chance so lets see how it goes.

Which candidates would you vote for when it comes to supporting bushwalking and the environment

Not all LNP candidates are anti environment, Matt Keen in NSW has gained respect from environment groups for his work. And some Labor candidates are pro mining and logging, so its probably worth putting our LNP/Labor bias aside and look at individuals. The way I vote, is to consider who to vote for 1st, 2nd... and last, even if the person I vote for last is a shoe in. Maybe not the Senate, I'll vote above the line.

Personally, I'm going to start going through this process in the lead up to the next election, but any homework others have done, could help me and others make an informed decision.

If you know of people that are worth promoting, don't forget to include the State they are in if running for Senate, or State and LGA if running for Reps.
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Federal Election 2022 - Best candidates

Postby CraigVIC » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 11:01 am

I personally find it impossible to ignore that, in the end, one party will form government. Despite the huge difference a good member can make it's dwarfed by the impact of the platform.
CraigVIC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby tastrax » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 1:51 pm

Just remember rule 4 when posting - https://www.bushwalk.com/forum/rules.php

Political content unrelated to bushwalking is not permitted, either for or against any particular issue, party, person or organisation.
Cheers - Phil

OSM Mapper
tastrax
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: RETIRED! - Parks and Wildlife Service
Region: Tasmania

Postby crollsurf » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 2:39 pm

Maybe best to delete post then

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GregG » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 2:53 pm

crollsurf wrote:Maybe best to delete post then

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Crollsurf, this post relates politics to bushwalking and therefore appears to be within the scope of the Forum rules, I think your post should stand.
Having said that, I don't think I would ever vote for a candidate or party solely on the basis of their bushwalking/conservation policies. But of course such things are worth noting as part of the whole political party package.
GregG

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie

Postby Warin » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 4:20 pm

CraigVIC wrote:I personally find it impossible to ignore that, in the end, one party will form government. Despite the huge difference a good member can make it's dwarfed by the impact of the platform.

I'm with Craig. No matter how well intended a single member my be, they will be dominated by their party. So I don't think there are any 'best candidates' for bushwalking from either of the two main parties.

I am of the opinion that a hung parliament, or very nearly so, is the best we can hope for in terms of getting good outcomes.
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Bushwalking Discussion