Best dcf tent for 1plus gear inside

A place to chat about gear and the philosphy of ultralight. Ultralight bushwalking or backpacking focuses on carrying the lightest and simplest kit. There is still a good focus on safety and skill.
Forum rules
Ultralight Bushwalking/backpacking is about more than just gear lists. Ultralight walkers carefully consider gear based on the environment they are entering, the weather forecast, their own skill, other people in the group. Gear and systems are tested and tweaked.
If you are new to this area then welcome - Please remember that although the same ultralight philosophy can be used in all environments that the specific gear and skill required will vary greatly. It is very dangerous to assume that you can just copy someone else's gear list, but you are encouraged to ask questions, learn and start reducing the pack weight and enjoying the freedom that comes.

Common words
Base pack backpacking the mass of the backpack and the gear inside - not including consumables such as food, water and fuel
light backpacking base weight less than 9.1kg
ultralight backpacking base weight less than 4.5kg
super-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 2.3kg
extreme-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 1.4kg

Re: Best dcf tent for 1plus gear inside

Postby jjoz58 » Sat 26 Sep, 2020 6:32 pm

Robi wrote:included stakes were not adequate in soft grass so will be replaced. Otherwise can’t wait to take it out on its first adventure!
I broke the head off one of those stakes the first time I used them. Gave them away and went back to my ground hogs.
JJ
jjoz58
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Neo » Sun 27 Sep, 2020 6:54 pm

Enjoy Robi.

I don't like the Easton tube stakes, check out the wide J stakes via Helinox.

https://www.helinox.com.au/j-stake-tent-pegs
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Robi » Mon 28 Sep, 2020 12:45 pm

Thanks. Guys. I actually already have a few of the helinox stakes that I used when the ones supples with my hornet bent horribly. They work pretty well.
Robi
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Ultralight backpacking