Desktop version

Forum rules

Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Appropriate shoes - Kepler Track NZ

Sat 06 Feb, 2016 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some feedback on appropriate footwear to wear for the full Kepler Circuit later this month. I'm actually a minimalist footwear kind of person - wear Feiyue's for working out; have climbed Beerwah, Tibro and Mt Warning barefoot, as well as climbing shoes for actual bouldering/rock climbing. My current attire makes the idea of hiking boots seem a bit... heavy or excessive, so I'm looking for some guidance on appropriate footwear for this track. It looks quite well established from the photos I have seen, but I doubt if Feiyue's are appropriate (though I would love to go in those if I could!). I know that many brands of hiking boots are not giant clunky things, but that's just what I'm envisioning.

Thank you all for you time and advice

Re: Appropriate shoes - Kepler Track NZ

Sat 06 Feb, 2016 9:30 pm

Light walking shoes

Re: Appropriate shoes - Kepler Track NZ

Sun 07 Feb, 2016 3:51 am

light shoes for those with strong feet and ankles. there's a long steep descent and a lot of up and down generally that i found can leave my feet pretty sore if i'm in very flexible unsupportive footwear. its not going to be a major, but if you're not used to the climbing and descending, expect pretty sore feet.
you dont need heavy weight boots though.
Post a reply