Six foot track parking

Chatting about the Six Foot Track

Six foot track parking

Postby Kris 70 » Wed 07 Sep, 2022 8:55 pm

I’m doing the six foot track in October starting from Jenolan caves side. Just wondering where is the best place to park your car to leave overnight I’m either staring at Jenolan Caves or Black range camp ground.
Kris 70
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Six foot track parking

Postby johnw » Fri 09 Sep, 2022 1:38 pm

Kris 70 wrote:I’m doing the six foot track in October starting from Jenolan caves side. Just wondering where is the best place to park your car to leave overnight I’m either staring at Jenolan Caves or Black range camp ground.

I haven't been out there for some time. I'm assuming you have private transport to/from Jenolan?
When we did the SFT, J to K, some years back I left the car at Katoomba and we were able to get the bus out there, but AFAIK there is currently no bus service running.
Given the recent/current road closures I suggest you have a look at the Jenolan Caves web site for access and parking options:
https://www.jenolancaves.org.au/visitor-info/getting-here/

p.s. Also note that the Megalong Valley Rd to Nellies Glen section of the track remains closed by NPWS at this stage. Hopefully it reopens before you plan to walk.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Six foot track parking

Postby michael_p » Fri 09 Sep, 2022 2:05 pm

There are some closed sections of the Six Foot Track and they may be closed for some time: https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/vi ... cal-alerts. You may not be able to start at Jenolan Caves.
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Six Foot Track