Six Foot track

Chatting about the Six Foot Track

Six Foot track

Postby wildwalks » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 5:29 pm

Oops -- as moderators we move threads around to keep things organised. This morning we accidently deleted a thread instead of moving it. There is no way of recovering the thread once it it gone. We do however store history so I have gone through the log and I think this was the conversation so far. Sorry about this - but hopefully you can pick up the conversation again.

Happy walking
Matt :)

Nickstool1 wrote:I am hoping to do the six foot track next week from janolan to Katoomba. IS this the best direction to do it? How do I get back to Janolan to collect my car? I can only find tour buses - are there normal public buses as well? Thanks in advance

Turfa wrote:Personally, I prefer starting at Katoomba and walking to Jenolan. Perhaps because the last section is between the Jenolan Rd and the caves, which is one of the nicer parts of the whole track. Going the other direction, you are finishing on lots of fire trail & the big hill up Nellies Glen. But this is not the best option if you have to rely on bus transport. Transport wise, there is really only the tour bus option, there is no public transport out to the caves. You can get a one-way ticket either way. I think they leave Katoomba at about 10.00am and from Jenoloan at about 3.30pm. My preference would be to park at Katoomba, catch the bus to Jenolan and then walk back to the car. If you drive out to Jenolan, you will have to get to Katoomba before 10.30am on your last day to catch the bus back to your car.(not easy if you do the typical 3 day trip and camp at Coxs River the second night)

Xplora wrote:I think what has been suggested is a good option. It is really only a 2 day walk if you get an early start and are fit but a half day more is sometimes needed due to the travel. The other thing to do is turn it into a 4 day walk and go back. Doing it this way I would start at Katoomba as you will not have to pay for parking near the Explorer's tree but sometimes people start to worry when they see a car there for several days. Not sure why.
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW
Region: New South Wales

Re: Six Foot track

Postby Nickstool1 » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks guys. appreciate your advice. getting pretty amped to give it a crack.
Nickstool1
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Six Foot Track