Reopening timeline

Chatting about the Six Foot Track

Reopening timeline

Postby Adameightsix » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 6:44 pm

I am planning to hike the Six Foot Track mid June.
Does anyone know if the current closures at either end are likely to be re opened before June 20th? Can't find anything specific atm

Thanks in advance
A
Adameightsix
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Reopening timeline

Postby Xplora » Tue 12 Apr, 2022 6:51 am

Adameightsix wrote:I am planning to hike the Six Foot Track mid June.
Does anyone know if the current closures at either end are likely to be re opened before June 20th? Can't find anything specific atm

Thanks in advance
A

You would be better talking to NPWS. Landslide on Nellies Glen are not likely to to be repaired while it is so wet.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Reopening timeline

Postby thekrunkymonkey » Thu 02 Jun, 2022 11:35 am

I don't like our chances of NPWS repairing anything in the BM any time soon. Having said that, there are alternative paths to complete the Six Foot Track.
If you were walking from Jenolan to Katoomba -
The section closed between Jenolan and the cottages can be done by walking on Jenolan Road to get to the Black Ridge camp site.
The section from the old Explorer's Tree can be done in one of two ways.
1. First is to access the Six Foot Track via the Devil's Hole trail - info can be found here - http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-an ... trail.html
If you're planning on doing that, I'd take the track to the northern most intersection of the 6FT because the other intersection of the Devil's Hole is VERY steep and not really much of a track from memory.
2. The second route would start at the intersection of Meglaong Valley road where you could walk to Blackheath via Mermaids cave and onto Shipley road. This is about 20km and you miss 7 - 8km of the 6FT.
thekrunkymonkey
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Return to Six Foot Track