Overland Track 04 November

For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania
Forum rules
This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

Overland Track 04 November

Postby bmarreirorj » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:06 am

Anyone else starting Overland Track on Saturday 04 / November? I am going without a group in one of 34 positions for independent climbers (there is only one position on the park site).
bmarreirorj
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Overland Track 04 November

Postby StaticNoise » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 7:34 pm

I am starting on the 5th with a friend. How are you making your way there? We are still looking at our transport options
StaticNoise
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Jay94 » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 7:53 am

I'm also starting independently on November the 4th .. just booked the last spot today! I also need to figure out how to get there yet, maybe going to hitchhike a couple days in advance and then camp there until saturday.. I'll see :) Or did any of you already figure out how to go?
Jay94
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Postby StaticNoise » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 11:10 am

We were originally thinking of spending the Saturday hitching. Not sure how easy it is to do on that road in Tasmania but can't be to bad...
Another thought is if you are both wanting to head down early on the Saturday morning from Launceston, there is a person on Gumtree that will drive down for $150 a car load. For the 4 of us that is only $35 each. My friend and I would be interested.
StaticNoise
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Jay94 » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm going to leave from Devonport and I guess I'll just try hitchhiking!
Jay94
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Postby bmarreirorj » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:41 am

I had booked a campground inside the park on Nov 03 but I canceled and opted to stay in Launceston and closed a Overland tranfer direct on 04. The shuttle will pick me up at the 7am hotel, make the stop at the park reception for pick up documentation and in the sequence will lead straight to the beginning of the trail. The price was $ 75.
bmarreirorj
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Find Companions or Transport for the Overland Track